Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
'Lowdown' thieves stealing woodpiles
Police Chief Mike McGillen said a half-cord is believed to have been taken from a residence on Old Deerfield Road Jan. 5. The theft of a quarter-cord from a Raymond Road residence likely happened Jan. 7.
The chief said one neighbor on Old Deerfield Road reported seeing a gray pickup truck driven by a white man of medium build.
"People in this town are great; they would all be willing to lend a hand," McGillen said.
Selectmen Chairman Frederick Kelley said it seems likely the thief is selling the wood.
"If anyone is stealing wood, that is pretty lowdown; people have got to heat their homes, and the way the economy is today, it's tough," Kelley said. "Wood is very important. Lots of people here heat with wood; it's very important,"
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Citizens Bank robbed Saturday in Manchester - 0
- Four burglaries reported in Manchester on Thursday - 0
- Manchester woman arrested twice in two days - 1
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 7
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
- Total Votes: 917