Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
'Lowdown' thieves stealing woodpiles
Police Chief Mike McGillen said a half-cord is believed to have been taken from a residence on Old Deerfield Road Jan. 5. The theft of a quarter-cord from a Raymond Road residence likely happened Jan. 7.
The chief said one neighbor on Old Deerfield Road reported seeing a gray pickup truck driven by a white man of medium build.
"People in this town are great; they would all be willing to lend a hand," McGillen said.
Selectmen Chairman Frederick Kelley said it seems likely the thief is selling the wood.
"If anyone is stealing wood, that is pretty lowdown; people have got to heat their homes, and the way the economy is today, it's tough," Kelley said. "Wood is very important. Lots of people here heat with wood; it's very important,"
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
- Total Votes: 917