Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Manchester woman pleads to sexual exploitation of child
CONCORD — A Manchester woman faces a minimum of 15 years in prison after pleading guilty in U.S. District Court to one charge of sexual exploitation of a child.
Erin Upham, 21, will be sentenced April 29 at 10:30 a.m.
The investigation that led to Upham’s arrest and plea began last year when the U.S. Air Force notified Manchester Police that Upham was communicating with a service member stationed at Kadena Air Base in Okinawa, Japan. The Air Force said the communication was of a sexual nature and involved a child.
A federal search warrant was obtained and a forensic examination of seized electronic items, including a laptop and cellphones, revealed digital images of Upham and a minor child engaged in sexually explicit conduct.
The charge was prosecuted under Project Safe Childhood, a U.S. Department of Justice nationwide initiative to combat child sexual exploitation and abuse. In addition to the Air Force Office of Special Investigations, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Manchester and Derry Police Departments participated in the investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 0
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 0
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
- Donation jar thief said to be Bay State man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
- Conway adult tests positive for EEE - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917