Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Manchester woman pleads to sexual exploitation of child
CONCORD — A Manchester woman faces a minimum of 15 years in prison after pleading guilty in U.S. District Court to one charge of sexual exploitation of a child.
Erin Upham, 21, will be sentenced April 29 at 10:30 a.m.
The investigation that led to Upham’s arrest and plea began last year when the U.S. Air Force notified Manchester Police that Upham was communicating with a service member stationed at Kadena Air Base in Okinawa, Japan. The Air Force said the communication was of a sexual nature and involved a child.
A federal search warrant was obtained and a forensic examination of seized electronic items, including a laptop and cellphones, revealed digital images of Upham and a minor child engaged in sexually explicit conduct.
The charge was prosecuted under Project Safe Childhood, a U.S. Department of Justice nationwide initiative to combat child sexual exploitation and abuse. In addition to the Air Force Office of Special Investigations, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Manchester and Derry Police Departments participated in the investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth