Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Manchester woman pleads to sexual exploitation of child
CONCORD — A Manchester woman faces a minimum of 15 years in prison after pleading guilty in U.S. District Court to one charge of sexual exploitation of a child.
Erin Upham, 21, will be sentenced April 29 at 10:30 a.m.
The investigation that led to Upham’s arrest and plea began last year when the U.S. Air Force notified Manchester Police that Upham was communicating with a service member stationed at Kadena Air Base in Okinawa, Japan. The Air Force said the communication was of a sexual nature and involved a child.
A federal search warrant was obtained and a forensic examination of seized electronic items, including a laptop and cellphones, revealed digital images of Upham and a minor child engaged in sexually explicit conduct.
The charge was prosecuted under Project Safe Childhood, a U.S. Department of Justice nationwide initiative to combat child sexual exploitation and abuse. In addition to the Air Force Office of Special Investigations, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Manchester and Derry Police Departments participated in the investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus