New London Carnival debuts Jan. 27
The New London Winter Carnival starts Monday, Jan. 27 and runs through Saturday, Feb. 1.
"New London has such a strong tradition of the Hospital Days and the whole community support. I think this will be the winter version of the Hospital Days and celebrating the winter and the coming for spring and having a little fun with their neighbors," Blewitt said.
Winners in both individual and business categories announced Wednesday at the Torch Lighting at 5 p.m.
Carnival organizers are hoping to line Main Street with the Hawaiian snowman, Blewitt said.
The carnival ends Saturday with the Frozen Open, mini gold on snow for all ages, and the In-laws Christmas fruit cake toss both starting at 11 a.m. A hot chocolate bar serving free hot chocolate on the green from noon to 3 p.m. Ski Joring from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., a noon dog sledding demonstration, and the Winter Carnival Parade at 6 p.m.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.