Martin Luther King Jr. Day is today
“They are words of inspiration that feed our minds and souls and hearts,” said Lozeau.
Walker said Americans tend to do everything to excess, a characteristic that actually works in the case of love.
Walker’s father was also a minister. She grew up in a church-centered home but said her vision of the role of faith changed after watching and listening to King.
Since the start, music has played a key role in the First Baptist MLK celebrations. On Saturday, the New Hampshire Gay Men Chorus was scheduled to perform, but the group got caught in a Manchester snow jam. There were still plenty of high notes from the First Baptist Church Choir, the New Fellowship Baptist Church Gospel Choir, and soloists Julia Leonard and Sophia White.
For Walker, King’s message of equality, understanding and respect is essential for a world that faces a critical choice between division or unity.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former NH state trooper gets new state job after 2010 conviction - 18
- Public hearing is set in Portsmouth on plan to beddown 12 KC-46A aircraft - 0
- U.N. denies reports representative in Ukraine seized in Crimea - 0
- Frigid weather has maple producers expecting a 'couple of weeks' delay - 0
- NH Motor Speedway founder selling lakeside estate for NH-record $49 million - 7
- Crotched Mountain honors its farming roots with tree farm honor - 0
- 'Our lost duck friends' remembered - 23
- UPDATE: America selects Preston for top 13 in "American Idol" - 0
- UPDATE: Mont Vernon man chosen as ‘American Idol’ top 20 contestant - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 5
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief