Snow showers bring more slipping on New Hampshire roads
A snow shower advanced across parts of New Hampshire early Sunday, renewing slippery road conditions that plagued motorists on Saturday, when a heavier-than-forecast snowfall was blamed for several traffic accidents.
The light snowfall Sunday came with temperatures just below the freezing mark, resulting in slippery spots where treatment had not been applied or had washed away. Accidents impeding traffic have been reported in Derry, Lee, Sandown and Brentwood.
In Derry, a spin-out on Interstate Route 93, in which two cars collided, backed up traffic for about a mile at about 9:30 a.m.
National Weather Service forecasters said some snow showers are possible Sunday afternoon with temperatures falling into the 20s Sunday night and into single digits and below-zero readings by late Monday as another Arctic cold air mass settles in for the remainder of the work week.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- USGS reports minor earthquake just outside of Concord - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
- Hollis storm damage caused by microburst, not tornado - 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?