Granite Staters headed to March for Life in D.C.
The annual NH March for Life was held at the State House in Concord on Saturday. (Thomas Roy/Union Leader)
Among those attending Wednesday's events will be 75 students from Trinity High School in Manchester.
They'll leave early Tuesday morning, arriving in Washington in time for Mass at a local church that evening. Bishop Peter Libasci will say Mass for the New Hampshire contingent Wednesday morning before they all head to the Mall for the march, she said.
"When I got down there and people had signs with pictures of abortion and started sharing their stories about lost babies through abortion and how they regretted that, it broke my heart," she said.
And as a Catholic school teacher, he said, "I think it's important...to bring these kids down there, to let them know they are not alone and there are other people who think just like them."
While some of the speeches on the Washington Mall can get partisan and political, he said, "What I like about the youth rally is it's so positive and uplifting."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- St. Margaret’s to remember veterans - 0
- Copter egg drop set - 0
- Passover marks time to celebrate faith, history - 0
- Construction begins on new Kingdom Hall for Jehovah’s Witness congregation in Manchester - 2
- Office of Tenebrae at St. Joseph’s - 0
- Communal Seder set for 1st day of Passover - 0
- Dionne, O'Keefe to receive de Porres award at White Mass - 0
- Selling of Catholic church properties is a sign of the times - 0
- Rock Church presents Easter cantata - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack storage facility to be region's largest - 0
- C's lose tiebreaker for draft order - 0
- Transition to new grading system continues in Nashua - 0
- Four burglaries reported in Manchester on Thursday - 0
- Manchester woman arrested twice in two days - 0
- State Senate approves bill to name Derry bridge after fallen Marine - 0
- Inspiring sight in downtown Nashua on Good Friday - 0
- Mercury Systems brings 90 jobs to Hudson - 0
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election