Home » News » Public Safety
Garage fire does little damage at Hampstead school
The only physical damage caused by the fire was limited to a bench in the garage that’s used for storing tools, a tractor and other maintenance equipment, Wilson said.
Fire Capt. Chris Dane said the cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Dane said firefighters remained at the school for about three hours.
Wilson praised fire crews for their quick response.
While the building has smoke and heat detectors, Dane said the school doesn’t have a sprinkler system because it was built before sprinklers were required.
“In any type of situation like this we always file a claim. We never know where it’s going to go,” she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Check those pool filters for another invasive species - 0
- Lowell apartment house fire claims 7 lives, including three children - 0
- Posting of recent standoff has Free Keene bloggers taking heat - 2
- State Police Marine Patrol IDs Duncan Lake drowning victim - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Craven loves qualifying format - 0
- City summer: Check out Manchester - 0
- Revenge? Shea needs none - 0
- Bonner rock'n the hardware - 0
- On Baseball: G'days for Berti boosted his game - 0
- Special Section: Readers' Choice 2014 - 0
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Swamp Bats fall to Pilgrims - 0
Community groups profit from race week
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?