Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Police tapes released in case of state rep running over ducks
Although Campbell has already paid a fine for killing five ducks with his vehicle on Dec. 23 outside the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Nashua, new revelations have surfaced alleging that Campbell was drunk at the time of the crash, and that Nashua Police Commissioner Thomas Pappas picked him up following the accident.
Click below to listen to the tapes:
"If you could send us an officer by, we've had a — well, there's a gentleman who is drunk," Connor Lippman, the night manager at the hotel told police when he called for assistance around 10 p.m. on Dec. 23. "He ran over four or five ducks right in the parking lot, and we might have an altercation between him and another guest who will not let this issue go."
The bar receipt does say that Campbell purchased four drinks, however there were other people in his party, according to the police report. Campbell claimed he had just two.
"I do think, however, that it would be important to hear from the AG," said Lozeau.
Lozeau would not comment on Pappas' intervention on behalf of Campbell, although she did say that she has heard concerns from some citizens about the situation.
When asked whether his agency has been in contact with the Nashua Police Department about the matter, Foster said, "not in a detailed fashion," declining to elaborate.
Capt. James Lima declined to comment on the newest allegations that Campbell was intoxicated, nor would he say whether he was concerned about Pappas' intervention the night of the accident.
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 9
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
- Rock Cats sweep Fishers in rain-makeup doubleheader - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Total Votes: 917