Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Two arrested for shooting during Nashua drug Deal
Police say that Danny Vorn, 22, of 42 N. Street in Lowell, Mass., was shot Jan. 9 outside of 6 Rochette Ave. during a drug transaction involving multiple pounds of marijuana.
According to authorities, Vorn's drug transaction went horribly wrong when two other people involved in the transaction -- both Nashua residents -- allegedly robbed Vorn at gunpoint.
"During the course of the robbery, the firearm was discharged and Vorn was shot in the back of the head," according to a press release.
Alexandre Amado, 20, of 15 Kessler Farm Dr., apt. 303, and Anthony Farmer, 20, of 5 Hartford Lane, apt. E., were arrested on Thursday and Friday, respectively, for the incident.
Police say that Amado "recklessly caused bodily injury to Danny Vorn … by discharging a firearm at the back of Danny Vorn's head, thereby causing traumatic brain injury," says court documents.
Amado has been charged with one count of second-degree assault for the shooting, a felony, and is being held on $100,000 cash bail. He was arraigned at the 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division, on Friday morning, and will be back in court on Jan. 27 for a probable cause hearing.
Farmer also was allegedly involved in the robbery and drug transaction, and was arrested Friday and charged with a felony count of armed robbery. He is being held at the Nashua Police Department, and will be arraigned on Tuesday, said police.
The Nashua Police Department's Crime Scene Unit has located two firearms in connection to the investigation.
Vorn remains hospitalized in critical condition at Boston Medical Center, according to authorities.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483