College Roundup: Wildcat women on win streak
The University of New Hampshire women's basketball team extended its winning streak to four games with a 60-47 road win Wednesday against the University of Maryland, Baltimore County Retrievers at the RAC Arena.
UNH improves to 8-7 overall and 2-0 in America East. UMBC falls to 2-14 overall.
The win streak marks the first time since the 1998-99 season that the Wildcats have won four consecutive games. It's their first 2-0 start in conference play since 2004-05.
Corinne Coia led UNH in scoring with 14 points.
followed closely by teammate Sarah-Marie Frankenberger with 13 points. Ariel Gaston chipped in eight points, seven rebounds and a career-high six assists.
UNH 56, UMBC 42: In Durham, Frank Okeke had 11 rebounds and 12 points to pace the Wildcats. Daniel Dion had 13 points off the bench and teammates Jaleen Smith and Jordon Bronner each had 10 points.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.