Residents evacuated after car hits gas line
MANCHESTER — Police said there were no injuries when a vehicle struck a house on Varney Street just after 5 a.m. Wednesday, but the residents were evacuated as a precaution because of damage to a gas line.
Police Lt. Maureen Tessier said the gas was quickly shut off and residents were allowed to return. Tessier said there was no structural damage to the house, which was struck on the west side where the gas and electrical lines were located.
She said a 2006 Chevy Impala driven by Deborah Clark, 52, of 9 Pinard St., slid on ice as Clark was making a turn and went over a snowbank and hit the house. The car had to be towed.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.