Mascoma district towns to vote on high school renovation bond
If approved, the school district would take out three loans totaling $1,373,987.
"We need a 60 percent super majority to go forward with that bond," Andrew said. "It's for a comprehensive renovation of the existing Mascoma high school. It deals with improving the instructional spaces and creating enough spaces for all the teachers, students and programs. It improves access to the campus. It improves parking and some of the security to the building. It does some energy efficiency improvements to the building."
Last year, voters came close to passing the renovation, but the bond article only received 59 percent of the vote.
"The feedback we got, people thought the audition was too big and too much for the project. So we cut that down," Andrew said.
"We only need to borrow a small amount the first year for some permitting and to get some other things done," Andrew said.
After all three loans are taken out in 2016, the tax impact per $1,000 of assessed value for the towns would be $1.64 for Canaan, $1.03 for Dorchester, $1.05 for Enfield, $1.21 for Grafton and $1.74 for Orange.
READER COMMENTS: 27
- A mom's bail: Getting it right - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 12
- Proof of Santa here: Hooksett's Dick Marshall, for one - 0
- Christmas spirit: Do you have more than a homeless man? - 1
- The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama - 47
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 38
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- After Newtown: A gun rights revival - 39
- Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads