Mascoma district towns to vote on high school renovation bond
If approved, the school district would take out three loans totaling $1,373,987.
"We need a 60 percent super majority to go forward with that bond," Andrew said. "It's for a comprehensive renovation of the existing Mascoma high school. It deals with improving the instructional spaces and creating enough spaces for all the teachers, students and programs. It improves access to the campus. It improves parking and some of the security to the building. It does some energy efficiency improvements to the building."
Last year, voters came close to passing the renovation, but the bond article only received 59 percent of the vote.
"The feedback we got, people thought the audition was too big and too much for the project. So we cut that down," Andrew said.
"We only need to borrow a small amount the first year for some permitting and to get some other things done," Andrew said.
After all three loans are taken out in 2016, the tax impact per $1,000 of assessed value for the towns would be $1.64 for Canaan, $1.03 for Dorchester, $1.05 for Enfield, $1.21 for Grafton and $1.74 for Orange.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
- Keene State College gets funding to further biology research - 0
- Anti-bully message on display at Pinkerton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'