Mascoma district towns to vote on high school renovation bond
If approved, the school district would take out three loans totaling $1,373,987.
"We need a 60 percent super majority to go forward with that bond," Andrew said. "It's for a comprehensive renovation of the existing Mascoma high school. It deals with improving the instructional spaces and creating enough spaces for all the teachers, students and programs. It improves access to the campus. It improves parking and some of the security to the building. It does some energy efficiency improvements to the building."
Last year, voters came close to passing the renovation, but the bond article only received 59 percent of the vote.
"The feedback we got, people thought the audition was too big and too much for the project. So we cut that down," Andrew said.
"We only need to borrow a small amount the first year for some permitting and to get some other things done," Andrew said.
After all three loans are taken out in 2016, the tax impact per $1,000 of assessed value for the towns would be $1.64 for Canaan, $1.03 for Dorchester, $1.05 for Enfield, $1.21 for Grafton and $1.74 for Orange.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Thomas Sowell: A primer on race and do-gooders - 0
- Ramesh Ponnuru: There is no basis for liberal Hobby Lobby outrage - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: NH energy projects should produce wins for everyone - 15
- Another View - Kevin Baine: No, the Hobby Lobby ruling won't deny anyone contraception - 6
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals dislike America - 2
- Another View -- David Ignatius: Iran overplays its hand - 0
- John Stossel: There's capitalism, and then there's crony capitalism - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Claremont man accused of sexual assault and incest - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 6
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform