Pinkerton headmaster search is down to two
The two candidates are Christine Heine, head of Upper School at Springside Chestnut Hill Academy in Philadelphia, and Griffin Morse, head of School Year Abroad in Spain, said Chip Underhill, executive director of public relations and external affairs.
The search began after Headmaster Mary Anderson said in the spring that she would be retiring at the end of the 2014 school year, marking nearly four decades at the academy.
From the outset, trustee Kimberly Smith said the search firm promised trustees two things: We promise you an international search, and we promise a tough decision, Smith said trustees were told by the firm.
During the search, many educators with broad international and national public, private and independent school experience have taken a look at Pinkerton and been amazed by the school and its facilities, Smith said.
Smith said trustees plan to have their selection in place before Anderson retires.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester schools off 'priority' list - 0
- Nashua officials seek advice on issue of student cellphone searches vs. privacy - 9
- Manchester school district makes bid to run Job Corps center - 2
- NEASC votes to reaccredit Central High - 1
- Londonderry school policy updates sought - 0
- New schedule feature will provide Nashua students with opportunities - 0
- Manchester forums will allow public to question principal finalists - 0
- Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses - 1
- Manchester education standards proposal derided at public hearing - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fishers' Ochinko gets his chance - 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 3
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law