F-15s performing exercise over southwestern NH, Vt.
People in parts of southwestern New Hampshire and Vermont may see F-15 fighter jets overhead Wednesday.
Don’t be alarmed.
The jets from the 104th Fighter Wing in Westfield, Mass., are scheduled to participate in an alert exercise over the southern half of Vermont and southwest New Hampshire.
“F-15 fighter jets will be conducting this training to facilitate training for alert pilots on intercept procedures, ensuring the Massachusetts Air National Guard is prepared to defend the Northeast airspace against any airborne threat,” according to a Guard statement.
“These no-notice exercises are carefully planned, closely controlled and include exercising airspace restriction violations, hijackings and responding to unknown aircraft,” the statement said. “Communities in the affected areas may experience increased aircraft activity during the duration of this exercise.”
Those communities are Keene, Hinsdale and Jaffrey in New Hampshire as well as Wells, Dorsett, Granville, Bennington and Brattleboro in Vermont.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
- Wastewater lagoon blamed for Exit 4 odor - 0
- Author and poet Maya Angelou dies at 86 - 0
- After controversy, retired NH superior court judge fights for kudos - 4
- Road to be closed for fallen Brentwood officer's procession - 0
- Brentwood Officer Arkell's death adds fresh pain to somber law enforcement memorial ceremony - 1
- Conference participants take on climate change planning - 1
- NH agencies see growing needs for seniors - 1
- Nashua to combat substance abuse with knowledge at forum - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy