Adams Memorial Building in Derry in need of repairs
The Adams Memorial Building needs about $125,000 in roof and ceiling work, according to Public Works officials. hunter mcgee
A structural review of the building was completed in September and revealed some major overstressing of beams. There was so much stress being placed on the beams that the balcony had to be closed, Mike Fowler, public works director, told councilors in a meeting last week.
“The lower level is not in any structural deficiency that we are aware of,” Fowler said. “It’s primarily in the roof and ceiling components.”
“As I understand it, they (the Greater Derry Arts Council) are managing around it, but obviously the preference would be to get back to full capacity as soon as possible,” Fowler said.
And if the work is approved and the roof is replaced, it is recommended that insulation be installed, Fowler said. This would produce a potential energy savings.
The cost estimate for the work ranges from around $125,000 to $150,000. If the project is approved, the town could proceed with a bid in May, Fowler said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Another View -- Marco Rubio: Brown will stop the Obama agenda, put us on a better course - 4
- Another View - Sean O'Kane: Jeanne Shaheen is a friend of NH's tourism industry - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: How the cult of celebrity destroys our political culture - 3
- Pat Buchanan: How do terror networks win their Western recruits? - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Rep. Ann Kuster has not been a help to NH senior citizens - 8
- Jonah Goldberg: Why narratives are more powerful than ideas - 0
- Pat Buchanan: People sense the country is falling apart - 2
- Celeste Clark : I saw Keene State College and the police try to prevent a riot - 2
- Deroy Murdock: Colorado shows the perils of mailing-in the election - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- GT Advanced, Apple try to keep lid on COO's comments - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters