Young Londonderry artists inspired to create
Kindergarten student Grace Scanlon shows off her prize-winning photo during the Reflections art reception at Londonderry Middle School on Saturday evening. (APRIL GUILMET PHOTO)
No matter what medium they chose, each of the 200 or so students to participate in this year's Reflections exhibit had their chance to shine Saturday evening during a district-wide reception at Londonderry Middle School.
Students in grades one through six were eligible to compete, with young artists from Londonderry Middle, Matthew Thornton, Moose Hill, North and South schools all taking part in Saturday's event.
Her poem, "From Last To First" shares her excitement over the team's recent World Series victory.
Second-grader Isabella Kneidrel's drawing of her family hinted at lofty goals.
"I believe I will be a queen when I grow up," the North Elementary student wrote.
"They both taught me all about being an artist," the North School second-grader said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much? - 8
- City summer: Check out Manchester - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 2
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 2
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 13
- Praising freedom: While curtailing it - 16
- Fergus Cullen: No politics buffer zone - some want issue unsettled - 7
- The perfect winner: Mrs. Craig gives when she receives - 0
- A sacred rite denied: Partial justice in Marriott murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms