Young Londonderry artists inspired to create
Kindergarten student Grace Scanlon shows off her prize-winning photo during the Reflections art reception at Londonderry Middle School on Saturday evening. (APRIL GUILMET PHOTO)
No matter what medium they chose, each of the 200 or so students to participate in this year's Reflections exhibit had their chance to shine Saturday evening during a district-wide reception at Londonderry Middle School.
Students in grades one through six were eligible to compete, with young artists from Londonderry Middle, Matthew Thornton, Moose Hill, North and South schools all taking part in Saturday's event.
Her poem, "From Last To First" shares her excitement over the team's recent World Series victory.
Second-grader Isabella Kneidrel's drawing of her family hinted at lofty goals.
"I believe I will be a queen when I grow up," the North Elementary student wrote.
"They both taught me all about being an artist," the North School second-grader said.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- IT overload: Bureaucracy on bureaucracy - 1
- Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH - 12
- Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior - 4
- Lives not lost: As long as we remember - 0
- Slammed: A Seabrook officer indicted - 9
- Abuse in school: A city teacher and a late report - 2
- Computerized firearms: Holder's bad gun idea - 3
- Republican diversity: NH welcomes political ideas - 8
- Reams vs. Foster: A power grab struck down - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan - 0
- Sen. Odell won't seek re-election - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 11
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 22
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 3
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
- Sox rally in ninth to win - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election