Hopkinton freshman, the December Francis Wayland Parker Scholar, likes taking initiative
Molnar was selected as the December Francis Wayland Parker Scholar of the Month, earning the designation with the first essay he sent into the competition.
"I figured I had a shot at it, but I'm still surprised that I won," Molnar said.
Molnar wrote that he believed Parker, a Bedford native who revolutionized education in the 19th century by steering students away from rote memorization and into interactive teaching methods, would be impressed by his school's efforts to encourage students to take more initiative in their own education.
Despite having a 4.0 average, Molnar is no bookworm. The freshman is a three-sport athlete. He's a wing on the high school varsity hockey team, plays soccer in the fall and runs long-distance races for the track team in the spring.With his selection as the December scholar, Molnar is contending for the annual Scholar of the Year honor.
Lilly Friedman, Plymouth Regional High School; Colleen Minnihan, ConVal Regional High School; Lauren Petrello, Manchester High School West; Sare Campbell, Moultonborough Academy and Katherine Frederick from Sunapee Middle High School.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Inspiring sight in downtown Nashua on Good Friday - 0
- Salem church's Guatemala mission brings blessings - 0
- St. Margaret’s to remember veterans - 0
- Copter egg drop set - 0
- Passover marks time to celebrate faith, history - 0
- Construction begins on new Kingdom Hall for Jehovah’s Witness congregation in Manchester - 2
- Office of Tenebrae at St. Joseph’s - 0
- Communal Seder set for 1st day of Passover - 0
- Dionne, O'Keefe to receive de Porres award at White Mass - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'