Home » News » Public Safety
Epping street name changes are on hold due to 911 concerns
Old Hedding Road is one of the streets being considered for a name change in Epping. (Jason Schreiber)
One of the next streets slated for a name change is Old Hedding Road, which is split by Route 125. The town plans to change one section to Fogg Road and the other to Cofin Road, Letourneau said.
Old Hedding Road was added to the list because of concerns about responders confusing it with Hedding Road, but some residents at Monday's meeting questioned whether the name really needs to change.
"There needs to be some serious discussion whether you actually need to change them," he told selectmen.
Letourneau said some towns have ended up in court because of situations where names weren't changed and responders went to the wrong location.
"We should be helping out as much as we can at least by sending out letters to companies in the area that make deliveries," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
- I-93 crash under investigation - 0
- Body of missing NH man found in Vermont - 0
- Police seeking heroin epidemic answers - 0
- Teen ejected in Candia rollover - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 1
- Anonymous email was 'malicious,' says Auburn police commissioner - 0
- Senate votes to ban hand-held cellphone use in cars; bill heads back to House - 10
- Auburn town administrator under fire - 0
- Belmont High likely will keep Red Raider mascot - 3
- Ice-out on WInnipesaukee expected by late next week - 0
- Joe McQuaid - Publisher's Notebook: Veteran newsman Toole returning to fold - 0
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start