Home » News » Public Safety
Epping street name changes are on hold due to 911 concerns
Old Hedding Road is one of the streets being considered for a name change in Epping. (Jason Schreiber)
One of the next streets slated for a name change is Old Hedding Road, which is split by Route 125. The town plans to change one section to Fogg Road and the other to Cofin Road, Letourneau said.
Old Hedding Road was added to the list because of concerns about responders confusing it with Hedding Road, but some residents at Monday's meeting questioned whether the name really needs to change.
"There needs to be some serious discussion whether you actually need to change them," he told selectmen.
Letourneau said some towns have ended up in court because of situations where names weren't changed and responders went to the wrong location.
"We should be helping out as much as we can at least by sending out letters to companies in the area that make deliveries," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester restaurant closed after employee commits suicide - 0
- Abby's home, but answers aren't as police ask public for help - 2
- Spofford three-car crash injuries two - 0
- Dover man remains in critical condition after motorcycle crash - 0
- 37 hikers rescued from Mt. Major over weekend - 3
- Missing since October, Abby Hernandez is home - 32
- Solutions sought in rectifying traffic backups in Meredith - 1
- Dover mortorcyclist taken to Maine hospital after crash - 0
- Keene police continue pedestrian collision investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
- Still no budget in Nashua - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's