Home » News » Public Safety
Epping street name changes are on hold due to 911 concerns
One of the next streets slated for a name change is Old Hedding Road, which is split by Route 125. The town plans to change one section to Fogg Road and the other to Cofin Road, Letourneau said.
Old Hedding Road was added to the list because of concerns about responders confusing it with Hedding Road, but some residents at Monday's meeting questioned whether the name really needs to change.
"There needs to be some serious discussion whether you actually need to change them," he told selectmen.
Letourneau said some towns have ended up in court because of situations where names weren't changed and responders went to the wrong location.
"We should be helping out as much as we can at least by sending out letters to companies in the area that make deliveries," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 0
- Several pets succumb to fire at Farmington home Thursday - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run