Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Man charged after boy shoots himself argues for lower bail
Assistant Hillsborough County Attorney Karen Gorham said a passenger in the vehicle told police he had called Bishop to make a weekly marijuana buy. Gorham said additional charges will depend on test results on the green material seized from Bishop after his arrest.
The child's mother, Charmaine Beard, contradicted Bishop, telling police: "(Bishop) carries it on him at all times, for protection."
The judge asked if Bishop wished to have a court-appointed attorney, noting he had not filled out a financial affidavit, a prerequisite to assessing eligibility.
"Everything is coming so fast," he said. "I haven't had a chance to gather my thoughts. . . I'm just in a state of confusion."
Abramson urged Bishop to fill out the affidavit so that she could appoint an attorney who could help him decide what he wanted to do about representation. She urged him not to try to defend himself.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus