Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Man charged after boy shoots himself argues for lower bail
Assistant Hillsborough County Attorney Karen Gorham said a passenger in the vehicle told police he had called Bishop to make a weekly marijuana buy. Gorham said additional charges will depend on test results on the green material seized from Bishop after his arrest.
The child's mother, Charmaine Beard, contradicted Bishop, telling police: "(Bishop) carries it on him at all times, for protection."
The judge asked if Bishop wished to have a court-appointed attorney, noting he had not filled out a financial affidavit, a prerequisite to assessing eligibility.
"Everything is coming so fast," he said. "I haven't had a chance to gather my thoughts. . . I'm just in a state of confusion."
Abramson urged Bishop to fill out the affidavit so that she could appoint an attorney who could help him decide what he wanted to do about representation. She urged him not to try to defend himself.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 28
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 0
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917