Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Man charged after boy shoots himself argues for lower bail
Assistant Hillsborough County Attorney Karen Gorham said a passenger in the vehicle told police he had called Bishop to make a weekly marijuana buy. Gorham said additional charges will depend on test results on the green material seized from Bishop after his arrest.
The child's mother, Charmaine Beard, contradicted Bishop, telling police: "(Bishop) carries it on him at all times, for protection."
The judge asked if Bishop wished to have a court-appointed attorney, noting he had not filled out a financial affidavit, a prerequisite to assessing eligibility.
"Everything is coming so fast," he said. "I haven't had a chance to gather my thoughts. . . I'm just in a state of confusion."
Abramson urged Bishop to fill out the affidavit so that she could appoint an attorney who could help him decide what he wanted to do about representation. She urged him not to try to defend himself.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 0
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 5
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 2
- Ex-coach found not guilty on sexual assault charges a second time - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Spring fever brings hope for U.S. investors as earnings season looms - 0
- Merrimack storage facility to be region's largest - 0
- C's lose tiebreaker for draft order - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Lacrosse: Pinkerton girls rout Salem - 0
- NHIAA Softball: Dover's speed foils Central - 0
- Transition to new grading system continues in Nashua - 0
- This Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Four burglaries reported in Manchester on Thursday - 0
- State Senate approves bill to name Derry bridge after fallen Marine - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917