Deroy Murdock: Obama's war on poor nuns is an economic injustice
"The Little Sisters do their work for free," says Daniel Blomberg, legal counsel at the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty, which represents these nuns. "They are not paid salaries," Blomberg adds. "Each Little Sister takes a vow of poverty. They don't personally own anything."
Blomberg also notes that Obamacare lets HIV medication prices increase. "There are no restrictions on co-pays for HIV drugs. Indeed, plans do not have to cover them. But contraceptives must be covered and totally free," Blomberg says. "You can die under the Affordable Care Act because you cannot afford your HIV medications, but birth control has to be gratis."
"Women at all income levels use the pill," says Dr. Lawrence B. Finer, Ph.D., Director of Domestic Research at the Guttmacher Institute. "But pill use is more common among higher-income women than among lower-income women." Birth control pills are the most popular female contraceptive.
Obama should unhand the Little Sisters of the Poor so they can spread their love. Meanwhile, women should acquire contraceptives just as Obama expects men to obtain condoms — with their own money.
Deroy Murdock is a Fox News contributor and a media fellow with the Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace at Stanford University.
- George Will: Understanding our divisions - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Attorney General Eric Holder's race card - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 13
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 5
- Thomas Sowell: Fraudulent stats behind 'equal pay' claims - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: The left's arrogant groupthink - 0
- Rep. Adam Schroadter: Penalties for marijuana use in NH should fit the crime - 10
- Pat Buchanan: What would Reagan do with Russia, Syria, etc.? - 6
- Barbara Couch: Why NH students need Common Core's higher standards - 1
Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployedREADER COMMENTS: 3
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 1
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Anonymous email was 'malicious,' says Auburn police commissioner - 0
- Senate votes to ban hand-held cellphone use in cars; bill heads back to House - 10
- Auburn town administrator under fire - 0
- Belmont High likely will keep Red Raider mascot - 3
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
IT overload: Bureaucracy on bureaucracy