AMC will intervene in Wild Meadows wind project
"We are completely opposed to Wild Meadows," said AMC Director of Research Kenneth Kimball. "There are some locations where wind farms should be, but this is not one of them."
The AMC frequently intervenes in wind power projects to assure public resources, such as mountains and lakes, are not adversely affected, said Kimball. It intervened in the SEC permitting process for the 99-megawatt, 33-turbine Granite Reliable Wind Farm that opened in 2011 in Millsfield and Dixville, attaining settlements from the company to account for some of the natural resources used near mountaintops and tree lines, he said.
"The turbines in Groton are not visually dominant, as the Wild Meadows turbines would be," Kimball said. "All of the turbines in Wild Meadows are going to be visually dominant, without question."
Among the AMC's objections is the visual impact of the lighted towers at night.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Utilities plan $3 billion natural gas pipeline - 1
- Alternative energy vehicles rule Mount Washington Auto road - 0
- Natural gas pipeline still holds promise for Groveton - 1
- Bird causes Concord-area power outage Monday - 0
- Swanzey solar array should be completed by end of 2014 - 1
- New Londonderry transmission line project will add 60 more utility poles - 0
- 'Northern Trespass' film to be screened in Nashua on Thursday night - 0
- Mount Washington Auto Road to host largest gathering of alternative-energy based vehicles in North America - 0
- Ayotte says Northern Pass lines should be buried beneath roads - 12
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not your standard victory - 0
- Diane Foley is a lady of extraordinary elegance - 0
- Mayor's police contract veto may face override in Nashua - 0
- Havenstein to unveil 'Pledge 2.0' today, saying, 'I won't spend money we don't have' - 1
- Motivation Matters: Hey, boss! How am I doing? - 0
- Big Idea Group a startup breeding ground - 0
- North Country summit to highlight job creation - 0
- Food stamp loophole not a go in NH - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Everett Pollard: Mount Sunapee's master plan will benefit whole region - 0
7 hikers rescued from Pawtuckaway
Foreclosure relief clinic Oct. 1 in Derry
Food stamp loophole not a go in NH
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem