More phone woes at Fuller; company expects to catch up today
Since Tuesday, a state hotline — 227-0002 — has been taking calls from Fuller Oil customers with dry or nearly dry oil tanks. As of 3 p.m. Thursday, the hotline had received 1,350 calls, according to the office of Gov. Maggie Hassan.
"They're frustrated, there's no question," Plummer said.
Meanwhile, the state's consumer protection chief has warned Fuller Oil it will have to address consumer issues likely to arise from the delivery problems. Those include property damage attributed to frozen pipes, and penalty provisions in pre-buy contracts that discourage oil purchases from competitors.
"I'm not able to address these. I'm not going to make a blanket statement," he said.
Of five calls made Thursday afternoon, two were answered. Another three weren't answered after at least 10 rings.
The hotline was quickly answered. Plummer stressed that emergency management took over the task to ensure the safety and wellbeing of Fuller Oil customers. He said operators only work with callers who are running out of oil, and prioritize the calls for Fuller Oil.
Twenty to 30 customers had run out of oil Wednesday night, while 100 were in danger of running out, he said.
On Thursday morning, Leeming blamed phone problems on a corrupted database and problems with the hardware and software.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Another View -- Marco Rubio: Brown will stop the Obama agenda, put us on a better course - 4
- Another View - Sean O'Kane: Jeanne Shaheen is a friend of NH's tourism industry - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: How the cult of celebrity destroys our political culture - 3
- Pat Buchanan: How do terror networks win their Western recruits? - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Rep. Ann Kuster has not been a help to NH senior citizens - 8
- Jonah Goldberg: Why narratives are more powerful than ideas - 0
- Pat Buchanan: People sense the country is falling apart - 2
- Celeste Clark : I saw Keene State College and the police try to prevent a riot - 2
- Deroy Murdock: Colorado shows the perils of mailing-in the election - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- Business Newsreel: Kimberly-Clark faces lawsuit over Ebola protection gear - 0
- GT Advanced, Apple try to keep lid on COO's comments - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters