Londonderry School Board mum on firing of football coach
But following several angry outbursts from audience members demanding to speak on the matter, Hendricks reluctantly allowed them to approach the podium.
Resident Ken Sharkey, who has been involved with the Londonderry Wildcats civic football program from many years, questioned the process of renewing coaches' contracts.
"The responsibility for making recommendations really falls on my shoulders and I'm the one that does that," the superintendent said. "If there are complaints, we follow through, do a review and make recommendations based on that."
"In the case of coaches, the board doesn't get to act on anything unless I bring forward a name," he said.
Retired Londonderry school district teacher and coach Tom Sawyer said that over the past 15 years, he could recall several occasions where "the interference of some people who have the ability to get involved has resulted in decisions being made."
LHS graduate Zach Capobianco said Rich has affected many young lives in a positive matter.
"What he's done for these young men is more important than any score on any scoreboard," he said. "Coach Rich has done an impeccable job molding the young men in this town. He's an incredible mentor."
"He made me a better man," Kinnon said of his coach. "I was not a well-put-together kid my freshman year, and I truly have Coach Rich to thank for the person I've become."
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Another View -- Cass Sunstein: A salute to the graceful silence of George W. Bush - 6
- David Harsanyi : Run, Liz, run! - 11
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 42
- Another View -- Harold Meyerson: The right underestimates Elizabeth Warren's appeal - 38
- Jonah Goldberg: There was a time when we stood up to threats against free speech - 2
- Why I voted against the 'CRomnibus' spending bill - 21
- Another View -- Devon Chaffee: Why interrogators believe America should never torture - 2
- David Harsanyi: GOP establishment, stop whining - 0
- John Stossel: Individual giving beats government giving - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 0
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Palker hat trick paces Bedford triumph - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Furious Celtics' rally falls short - 0
- Bruins stop Predators, 5-3 - 0
- Former President Bush, 90, hospitalized in Texas - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse
Police look for Laconia sub shop robber
Win tickets to see Linkin Park