Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Seabrook officer seen on video never filed report, lawyer says
Officer Mark Richardson is the officer seen escorting Michael J. Bergeron Jr. down a hallway while he was being booked after his arrest on Nov. 11, 2009. The video posted by Bergeron on Monday shows Richardson throwing Bergeron against the wall.
The police department this week released written reports of three of the four officers seen in the video posted on YouTube, but there was no report by Officer Mark Richardson.
Scott Gleason, Bergeron's attorney, said it's also his understanding that there is no report from Richardson.
Moments after Bergeron hits the wall, the video shows Laurent pepper spraying Bergeron and then smirking into the police security camera that captured the entire incident.
The FBI and the U.S. Attorney's Office has joined the investigation as well to determine whether Bergeron's civil rights were violated.
"We need to gather every piece of evidence we can and talk to every witness we can to be able to make an intelligent decision as to what the next step would be," she said.
"The suggestion in one of the reports was that my client was appearing to be someone who was aggressive with Richardson before an alleged arm bar. There wasn't anything remotely near any type of aggressive behavior at that point, and that certainly wasn't any arm bar. There was a ramming of his face into a concrete wall," Gleason said.
"It's obviously over the top. It's brutal," he said of the video.
"In my 34 years I don't ever recall seeing a video of behavior and right next to it seeing a police report that is 180 degrees opposite of what transpired," Gleason said, adding that there are "significant questions relative to civil rights violations."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
- Total Votes: 917