Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Seabrook officer seen on video never filed report, lawyer says
The police department this week released written reports of three of the four officers seen in the video posted on YouTube, but there was no report by Officer Mark Richardson.
Scott Gleason, Bergeron's attorney, said it's also his understanding that there is no report from Richardson.
Moments after Bergeron hits the wall, the video shows Laurent pepper spraying Bergeron and then smirking into the police security camera that captured the entire incident.
The FBI and the U.S. Attorney's Office has joined the investigation as well to determine whether Bergeron's civil rights were violated.
"We need to gather every piece of evidence we can and talk to every witness we can to be able to make an intelligent decision as to what the next step would be," she said.
"The suggestion in one of the reports was that my client was appearing to be someone who was aggressive with Richardson before an alleged arm bar. There wasn't anything remotely near any type of aggressive behavior at that point, and that certainly wasn't any arm bar. There was a ramming of his face into a concrete wall," Gleason said.
"It's obviously over the top. It's brutal," he said of the video.
"In my 34 years I don't ever recall seeing a video of behavior and right next to it seeing a police report that is 180 degrees opposite of what transpired," Gleason said, adding that there are "significant questions relative to civil rights violations."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 4
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 1
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 7
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 3
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief