Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Manchester man arrested in case of boy, 5, who shot self
Sonday Bishop, 29, of 420 Spruce St., was arrested Thursday by Hillsborough County Sheriff's deputies as he drove off from a Lake Avenue apartment. Deputies pulled over the motor vehicle and arrested him. A Hillsborough County Superior grand jury issued the indictment on Dec. 18.
The accident happened on Nov. 30 about 2:30 a.m. in a third floor apartment at 420 Spruce St. that Bishop shared with the child's mother, Charmaine Beard. Bishop, in speaking with a reporter last year about the incident, referred to the 5-year-old child as is son, De'Jon, but police said he is not the boy's biological father.
According to a news release issued by the Hillsborough County Sheriff's office on Thursday, the indictment alleges Bishop placed a loaded .22 caliber handgun next to the little boy, who then picked it up and shot himself.
The child was treated at the Elliot Hospital and later released.
At his arraignment in Hillsborough County Superior Court, Northern District, Judge Gillian Abramson set bail for Bishop at $25,000 cash/surety, with conditions that include no contact with the victim or any juvenile under age 16. Bishop said he wants to find his own attorney, rather than fill out a financial affidavit and have court-appointed attorney if he qualifies financially.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal