Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Manchester man arrested in case of boy, 5, who shot self
Sonday Bishop, 29, of 420 Spruce St., was arrested Thursday by Hillsborough County Sheriff's deputies as he drove off from a Lake Avenue apartment. Deputies pulled over the motor vehicle and arrested him. A Hillsborough County Superior grand jury issued the indictment on Dec. 18.
The accident happened on Nov. 30 about 2:30 a.m. in a third floor apartment at 420 Spruce St. that Bishop shared with the child's mother, Charmaine Beard. Bishop, in speaking with a reporter last year about the incident, referred to the 5-year-old child as is son, De'Jon, but police said he is not the boy's biological father.
According to a news release issued by the Hillsborough County Sheriff's office on Thursday, the indictment alleges Bishop placed a loaded .22 caliber handgun next to the little boy, who then picked it up and shot himself.
The child was treated at the Elliot Hospital and later released.
At his arraignment in Hillsborough County Superior Court, Northern District, Judge Gillian Abramson set bail for Bishop at $25,000 cash/surety, with conditions that include no contact with the victim or any juvenile under age 16. Bishop said he wants to find his own attorney, rather than fill out a financial affidavit and have court-appointed attorney if he qualifies financially.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
- Nashua police left rattled by tot's death - 1
- Police investigate shooting of Londonderry woman in Maine home invasion - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
Cyber security a fear in NH, too
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
A new era for Nashua's police force
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483