Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Police search Derry home after truck repossession goes awry
Police wouldn’t confirm a report that the driver of the pickup had threatened the tow truck driver with a gun.
The incident allegedly occurred at around 5:30 a.m. when the tow truck driver arrived at the house to repossess a pickup, neighbors said. The owner of the pickup had tried to drive off but the tow truck driver positioned his vehicle in front of the pickup, blocking it, said a neighbor who saw the incident. The neighbor asked to remain anonymous.
The confrontation between the two drivers occurred on Matthew Drive, several houses away from the end of the street where the driver of the pickup lives, the neighbor said. She said she could hear loud noises and yelling during the incident. Suddenly, the driver of the pickup was able to maneuver to the side and crash through a snow bank. The man then sped off in the pickup, leaving the tow truck driver behind, the neighbor said.
She said she didn't see the man who was in the pickup or a gun.
On Friday afternoon, several officers could be seen standing in front of the home. The Derry Crime Scene Unit van was parked in front along with several other police vehicles. A K-9 unit from the New Hampshire State Police responded and a trooper could be seen guiding the dog about the yard.
Police didn't comment on what they were looking for in the search, or if they found anything; it wasn’t known at press time if charges had been filed against anyone involved in the incident.
Neighbors said police have been to the house a number of times in the past.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 0
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 0
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Dover man accused of robbing woman at knifepoint - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Several union deals on Windham ballots
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief