Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Police search Derry home after truck repossession goes awry
Police wouldn’t confirm a report that the driver of the pickup had threatened the tow truck driver with a gun.
The incident allegedly occurred at around 5:30 a.m. when the tow truck driver arrived at the house to repossess a pickup, neighbors said. The owner of the pickup had tried to drive off but the tow truck driver positioned his vehicle in front of the pickup, blocking it, said a neighbor who saw the incident. The neighbor asked to remain anonymous.
The confrontation between the two drivers occurred on Matthew Drive, several houses away from the end of the street where the driver of the pickup lives, the neighbor said. She said she could hear loud noises and yelling during the incident. Suddenly, the driver of the pickup was able to maneuver to the side and crash through a snow bank. The man then sped off in the pickup, leaving the tow truck driver behind, the neighbor said.
She said she didn't see the man who was in the pickup or a gun.
On Friday afternoon, several officers could be seen standing in front of the home. The Derry Crime Scene Unit van was parked in front along with several other police vehicles. A K-9 unit from the New Hampshire State Police responded and a trooper could be seen guiding the dog about the yard.
Police didn't comment on what they were looking for in the search, or if they found anything; it wasn’t known at press time if charges had been filed against anyone involved in the incident.
Neighbors said police have been to the house a number of times in the past.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting - 0
- Litchfield man found stabbed - 0
- Driver charged with biting state trooper on I-93 - 5
- Autopsy shows Rochester man shot by officers 3 times - 2
- Nashua man sentenced for robbing bank - 0
- 14 people arrested in Nashua drug sweep - 1
- Nashua mother pleads guilty to manslaughter death of son - 3
- Childcare employee has license revoked after arriving to work intoxicated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- ‘Coffee with a Cop’ promotes police, community relations - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents
- Total Votes: 917