Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Police search Derry home after truck repossession goes awry
Police wouldn’t confirm a report that the driver of the pickup had threatened the tow truck driver with a gun.
The incident allegedly occurred at around 5:30 a.m. when the tow truck driver arrived at the house to repossess a pickup, neighbors said. The owner of the pickup had tried to drive off but the tow truck driver positioned his vehicle in front of the pickup, blocking it, said a neighbor who saw the incident. The neighbor asked to remain anonymous.
The confrontation between the two drivers occurred on Matthew Drive, several houses away from the end of the street where the driver of the pickup lives, the neighbor said. She said she could hear loud noises and yelling during the incident. Suddenly, the driver of the pickup was able to maneuver to the side and crash through a snow bank. The man then sped off in the pickup, leaving the tow truck driver behind, the neighbor said.
She said she didn't see the man who was in the pickup or a gun.
On Friday afternoon, several officers could be seen standing in front of the home. The Derry Crime Scene Unit van was parked in front along with several other police vehicles. A K-9 unit from the New Hampshire State Police responded and a trooper could be seen guiding the dog about the yard.
Police didn't comment on what they were looking for in the search, or if they found anything; it wasn’t known at press time if charges had been filed against anyone involved in the incident.
Neighbors said police have been to the house a number of times in the past.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus