Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Police search Derry home after truck repossession goes awry
DERRY--A K-9 unit from the NH State Police searches the yard of a residence on Matthew Drive Friday as Derry police look on following an alleged incident involving a failed repossession. (By HUNTER McGEE)
Police wouldn’t confirm a report that the driver of the pickup had threatened the tow truck driver with a gun.
The incident allegedly occurred at around 5:30 a.m. when the tow truck driver arrived at the house to repossess a pickup, neighbors said. The owner of the pickup had tried to drive off but the tow truck driver positioned his vehicle in front of the pickup, blocking it, said a neighbor who saw the incident. The neighbor asked to remain anonymous.
The confrontation between the two drivers occurred on Matthew Drive, several houses away from the end of the street where the driver of the pickup lives, the neighbor said. She said she could hear loud noises and yelling during the incident. Suddenly, the driver of the pickup was able to maneuver to the side and crash through a snow bank. The man then sped off in the pickup, leaving the tow truck driver behind, the neighbor said.
She said she didn't see the man who was in the pickup or a gun.
On Friday afternoon, several officers could be seen standing in front of the home. The Derry Crime Scene Unit van was parked in front along with several other police vehicles. A K-9 unit from the New Hampshire State Police responded and a trooper could be seen guiding the dog about the yard.
Police didn't comment on what they were looking for in the search, or if they found anything; it wasn’t known at press time if charges had been filed against anyone involved in the incident.
Neighbors said police have been to the house a number of times in the past.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain
- Total Votes: 917