Home » News » Public Safety
Jefferson woman hurt in crash with moose
Police said Maureen Couture, 48, first was taken to Weeks Memorial Hospital in Lancaster and then transferred by helicopter to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center because of "significant injury," according to a news release issued by state police in Twin Mountain.
The crash happened at 7:07 p.m. when Couture was driving a 2005 Volkswagen Beetle on Route 116. A passenger in the car, Russ Hawkins, 49, also of Jefferson, was taken to Weeks Memorial where he was treated and later released.
State police said Couture was arrested for driving while under the influence of alcohol. A court date has yet to be set.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus