Amherst schools to be featured in documentary
Previously, the state Department of Education contracted with 2Revolutions — a self-described education design lab that creates future learning models — to initiate the project. This newest video project is an extension of the New Hampshire Network Strategy that launched in the fall of 2012 to provide a virtual place for educators to collaborate and learn.
According to Heimarck, the local school district was selected for two primary reasons, including Souhegan High School’s involvement in performance-based learning models, and the district’s work with the New Hampshire College and Career Readiness Standards, more often referred to as Common Core.
About 35 schools throughout New Hampshire will be included in the video project, said Heimarck, explaining the film crew is expected to record a first-grade math lesson at an SAU 39 elementary school on Monday. The crew will also record students and teachers in a more formal interview setting on Monday at the high school, she said, adding about 25 hours of footage will be collected.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Thomas Sowell: A primer on race and do-gooders - 0
- Ramesh Ponnuru: There is no basis for liberal Hobby Lobby outrage - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: NH energy projects should produce wins for everyone - 15
- Another View - Kevin Baine: No, the Hobby Lobby ruling won't deny anyone contraception - 6
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals dislike America - 2
- Another View -- David Ignatius: Iran overplays its hand - 0
- John Stossel: There's capitalism, and then there's crony capitalism - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release