Exeter mom: New war movie honors her SEAL son's memory
Mark Wahlberg, foreground, stars in the new film “Lone Survivor,” based on the Navy SEAL operation in 2005 that claimed the life of Exeter native Dan Healy in Afghanistan. (UNIVERSAL PICTURES)
That's because her son, Navy SEAL Dan Healy, was one of the 11 SEALs and eight Army Special Operations aviators killed in the failed rescue mission in Afghanistan in 2005 that has become the subject of the Universal Pictures' film starring Mark Wahlberg.
The book was co-authored by Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell, who was the only one to survive the mission.
During their mission, Luttrell and the three other SEALs were ambushed by enemy forces.
Natalie Healy had a chance to preview the movie for the second time last month with Wahlberg and his family in Hingham, Mass.
"I have never seen (Luttrell) look and sound so well," Healy said. "It was like the weight of the world had been lifted off his shoulders. For years I was worried about him."
"Those are my men and I want my face to be the first one they see," he told the team.
While there were some tears while watching the movie, Healy said she and the other families who lost loved ones on that mission are "a pretty tough bunch" and have lived with the grief for the last eight years.
At the end of the movie, the names and photographs of those killed are shown on the screen as a tribute.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Making ornaments unite students, vets - 0
- NH Veterans Briefs: Marines to gather in Gilford - 0
- Sen. Ayotte to help 'Birds' program take flight - 0
- Another View -- Mary Tamposi: No wrong door for our veterans and their families - 0
- Salute to vets Tuesday in Manchester - 0
- ConVal, Souhegan football games to feature tributes to veterans - 0
- Veteran finally tells tale to family about friend who died in war - 0
- Special indicator designates veterans on NH IDs - 0
- Army budget cuts threaten veterans' funeral honor guards - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 0
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 0
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- John Stossel: Incumbents almost always win - 0
School's out for voters
Trump fired up over NH mailer