Exeter mom: New war movie honors her SEAL son's memory
Mark Wahlberg, foreground, stars in the new film “Lone Survivor,” based on the Navy SEAL operation in 2005 that claimed the life of Exeter native Dan Healy in Afghanistan. (UNIVERSAL PICTURES)
That's because her son, Navy SEAL Dan Healy, was one of the 11 SEALs and eight Army Special Operations aviators killed in the failed rescue mission in Afghanistan in 2005 that has become the subject of the Universal Pictures' film starring Mark Wahlberg.
The book was co-authored by Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell, who was the only one to survive the mission.
During their mission, Luttrell and the three other SEALs were ambushed by enemy forces.
Natalie Healy had a chance to preview the movie for the second time last month with Wahlberg and his family in Hingham, Mass.
"I have never seen (Luttrell) look and sound so well," Healy said. "It was like the weight of the world had been lifted off his shoulders. For years I was worried about him."
"Those are my men and I want my face to be the first one they see," he told the team.
While there were some tears while watching the movie, Healy said she and the other families who lost loved ones on that mission are "a pretty tough bunch" and have lived with the grief for the last eight years.
At the end of the movie, the names and photographs of those killed are shown on the screen as a tribute.
READER COMMENTS: 15
- Berlin BioPower plant coming up to speed - 18
- Alexandria support for wind farm not strong, officials say - 3
- Third wind farm company withdraws leases for Newfound-area project - 8
- NH officials again request options for Northern Pass path - 23
- Legislator calls for closing of Groton wind farm - 16
- PUC report says PSNH should sell its plants and the public should pay - 20
- Report on PSNH power plants heartens utility's competitors - 0
- NH high court to hear arguments on valuation of crude oil pipeline - 0
- More calls made to learn about past winter's energy price spike - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan - 0
- Sen. Odell won't seek re-election - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 11
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 22
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 3
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 7
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election