Exeter mom: New war movie honors her SEAL son's memory
Mark Wahlberg, foreground, stars in the new film “Lone Survivor,” based on the Navy SEAL operation in 2005 that claimed the life of Exeter native Dan Healy in Afghanistan. (UNIVERSAL PICTURES)
That's because her son, Navy SEAL Dan Healy, was one of the 11 SEALs and eight Army Special Operations aviators killed in the failed rescue mission in Afghanistan in 2005 that has become the subject of the Universal Pictures' film starring Mark Wahlberg.
The book was co-authored by Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell, who was the only one to survive the mission.
During their mission, Luttrell and the three other SEALs were ambushed by enemy forces.
Natalie Healy had a chance to preview the movie for the second time last month with Wahlberg and his family in Hingham, Mass.
"I have never seen (Luttrell) look and sound so well," Healy said. "It was like the weight of the world had been lifted off his shoulders. For years I was worried about him."
"Those are my men and I want my face to be the first one they see," he told the team.
While there were some tears while watching the movie, Healy said she and the other families who lost loved ones on that mission are "a pretty tough bunch" and have lived with the grief for the last eight years.
At the end of the movie, the names and photographs of those killed are shown on the screen as a tribute.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man who shot Huskies was worried he would be target of animal rights groups - 20
- Police say three Huskies missing in Merrimack were mistaken as wolves and shot, killed - 75
- Three missing Siberian Huskies found dead - 5
- 3 communities may share animal officer - 0
- Merrimack dog owner desperate to find three missing Huskies - 1
- Dock-diving dogs woof it up at Humane Society fundraiser - 0
- Walk for Whiskers to raise money to support shelter - 0
- Falcon recovering from first-of-its-kind cataract surgery - 1
- Monadnock Humane Society board to address executive director's dismissal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate