Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Mont Vernon man due in court for Amherst fatality
Travis Hobbs of Mont Vernon was allegedly using his cell phone — possibly texting or checking his email — when the car he was driving struck and killed John Bachman, 71, on Dec. 23 outside of Bachman’s Amherst home, according to police.
Bachman, who was getting mail at the end of his driveway at the time of the accident, died of his injuries at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center.
“His sudden passing has gripped the Amherst Fire Department and our community of fire and emergency services throughout the region,” says a posting on the department’s website.
“It was reported by authorities that texting while driving was allegedly a key part of the fatal accident that took Chief Bachman’s life. Such incidents so close to home remind us all of the very real dangers of distracted driving,” says the posting.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
- Two Keene men charged with burglary and assault - 0
- Shooting victim's spouse's car being searched - 0
- Altercation leads to suspect fleeing, threatening police - 0
- Crash ends high-speed chase in Lyndeborough - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- High speed chase ends in crash in Lyndeborough - 2
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 3
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 2
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Adding firefighters debated as curb to overtime - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483