Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Mont Vernon man due in court for Amherst fatality
Travis Hobbs of Mont Vernon was allegedly using his cell phone — possibly texting or checking his email — when the car he was driving struck and killed John Bachman, 71, on Dec. 23 outside of Bachman’s Amherst home, according to police.
Bachman, who was getting mail at the end of his driveway at the time of the accident, died of his injuries at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center.
“His sudden passing has gripped the Amherst Fire Department and our community of fire and emergency services throughout the region,” says a posting on the department’s website.
“It was reported by authorities that texting while driving was allegedly a key part of the fatal accident that took Chief Bachman’s life. Such incidents so close to home remind us all of the very real dangers of distracted driving,” says the posting.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth