Read all about it: Henniker library opening Sunday afternoons
Beginning last Sunday, the library welcomed patrons to sit, relax, do a crossword puzzle or read, all in an effort to meet the community’s needs.
“We felt it was necessary to provide additional hours to better serve these community members, some who may not be using our library because of the inconvenient hours,” said Osgood.
To take advantage of the new weekend hours, the library will be hosting special programs on Sunday afternoons at 2 p.m. in January and February.
On Jan. 12, New Hampshire storyteller Jo Radner will share her “Wit and Wisdom” at the Tucker. On Jan. 26, Portsmouth musician Jeff Warner will perform his own special brand of folk songs with a performance called “Music in my Pocket.” And on Feb. 23, author Rebecca Rule will take a humorous look at the people and places of the Granite State.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Veterans Administration Medical Center sets March 24 open house on veteran health care programs - 0
- Krueger named director of Manchester Veterans Administration Medical Center - 0
- Veterans home in Tilton seeks special volunteers - 0
- Girl Scouts need help sending cookies to military personnel overseas - 0
- Auto dealers group offers scholarship aid, funds to NH veterans programs - 0
- Commentary: Chronically homeless vets are a problem for all of us - 0
- Rep. Shea-Porter bashes planned military cuts - 0
- New Hampshire Veterans News in Brief - 0
- Sen. Ayotte concerned about cuts in COLA for new service members - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Hockey: Northeastern wins in OT, forces Game 3 with UNH - 0
- NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll - 0
- Pembroke voters OK clock tower face-lift - 0
- Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer - 0
- Groveton backs 'Plan B' for town office project - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Obama's national security aides meet to discuss Ukraine - 0
- Radio host wants official's lawsuit dismissed - 0
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer
Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin
GOP panel stresses teamwork, sincerity