We're slipping, sliding, cold and flooded
During Monday morning's commute, a New Hampshire State Police trooper parked his vehicle in the breakdown lane to investigate a rollover crash on Interstate 93 south in Bow, leaving the emergency lights on. A southbound vehicle lost control and struck the cruiser, significantly damaging both vehicles. Police said no one was hurt. Susan Ryan of Bow was charged with negligent driving.
The right lane was shut down while a tow truck worked to remove a car from a snow bank just after 8 a.m.
He steered left, lost traction and ended up in a snowbank.
No one was hurt. Interstate 89 was shut down for about an hour while the tractor trailer was towed.
Windy conditions will make it feel much more frigid.
On Monday, highs in the 50s brought a different kind of weather woe — burst pipes. Manchester District Fire Chief Al Poulin said when temperatures rise, once-frozen pipes expand.
Poulin said a sprinkler pipe vent in a wall of the Fisher Cats stadium burst behind home plate, causing about $30,000 in damage to carpet, dry wall and ceilings in surrounding rooms.
The closest fire personnel were already at a small fire on Morrison Street, near Pearl Street, which meant firefighters assigned to stations farther away took the call at the stadium.
Poulin also asked residents to help dig out the city's 4,500 fire hydrants; only two Manchester Water Works employees are assigned to this task.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mid-April freezing and flooding give Granite Staters a rude awakening - 0
- Flooding closes PSU fields, local business - 0
- Colebrook almost became an island Tuesday night - 0
- Flooding shuts down North Country highways - 0
- Flood watch and rain follow day of near-record temperatures - 0
- Lack of 'hot spell' has made for mild mud season so far in central NH - 1
- With rain on the way, flooding potential eyed - 0
- Londonderry classrooms flooded - 0
- Spring roads make the going tough - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing